7.19.2013

Watch and Wait


...for ye know not at what hour your Papa will turn the corner.





Zeke associates any loud motor with his papa.  This is due in part to the fact that both of our vehicles have flawed muffler systems, so any loud motor means we're either racing John off to work or rushing out to welcome him home.

In this case, the loud motor came from the lawn mower.  Zeke escaped onto the porch, like he always does, and then waited patiently, only occasionally distracted by the chickens.









 He sat resolute, staring off toward the rumble until persistence rewarded him with a glimpse of his papa.





And each time he saw him, determination dissolved into absolute delight, and he waved until John drove out of sight.


11 comments :

Deborah Anne said...

HE LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE JOEL! That black and white with the big eyes and the bangs...

Titi said...

nice hair cut! :)

Abigail said...

Deb,
Totally. I'll have to see if John brought home that baby picture, though, so I show you. Spittin' image of John, too, which makes no sense because John and Joel look nothing alike.

Titi,
Yeah, I hear razor stripes are cool again. :)

Abigail said...

...because I love show you picture baby John.

(CAN)

Deborah Anne said...

I no understand last comment, Abigail.

Unknown said...

oh my goodness! too stinkin' cute, that boy of yours. love the story behind his serious then excited face!

Rebecca said...

I see Mr. Zeke got a haircut! All I can say is...welcome to my world. Girls are SO much easier to (not) cut. However, you have to DO their hair, so I guess it might make it even.

He looks handsome!

And that story is sweet too.

Molly said...

How precious! His smile is contagious. I haven't stopped smiling since I read this post:-) Love the haircut!

Much love!

Abigail said...

Rebecca,
I feel your pain, ma'am, and am very glad I've only got one wiggly boychild with a head of hair...BUT every time we go out, it takes a minimum of 30 minutes to do everybody's hair in simple braids or ponytails. That's one reason behind my hermitic nature, I bet.

So even though it doesn't need to even out in order for the world to keep spinning, it probably does.

Rebecca R. said...

I wanted to reach into the pics and grab him out to be here with me...sooo huggable! Like the haircut! Try doing 4 of them starting at 9 pm the night before leaving on vacation...ending with a Nick that I dragged out of sleeping for his haircut. He was still kind of sleeping...did not have a clue what was happening...got him through, but he did not have a clue the next morning what his mother put him through the night before!

Abigail said...

Yikes! Yeah. I have it reeaaally good. You should have just taken the clippers upstairs and done it while he slept! :)