9.18.2014

Birds Shouldn't Wash Dishes, Anyway

As I mentioned in a previous post, Susie is the world's most inefficient dishwasher. This is primarily due to the fact that she loses herself in both thought and chatter, and dishwashing takes a distinct third place.  I'll watch her from another room as she stares out the window for five minutes, all the while washing the same two dishes.  I took these pictures unbeknownst to her one day while she was washing away, probably in her second hour or so.



Even better than her graceful and impractical perch is the fact that part of this very conversation included the following exchange:

Susie, out of the blue and sounding slightly disheartened:
 "If there were a contest for fast dish-washing, I think I would probably lose."

And, then, three minutes later, during which time she had washed perhaps one dish:
"Who do you think would win in a fight-- Usagi Yojimbo or Popeye?"

She then sat and thought about this for several minutes before following it up with another question:
"Mama, why am I so slow?"

Why, indeed.
Oh, how I love her.





No comments :