9.18.2014

Independence Day

I only took a handful of sloppy pictures, but now I wish I had taken more.  John had to work on July 4th this year, so at the last minute we made picnic plans, I whipped up some food to add to the table, and we headed down the hill to my parent's house.

We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire, but Zeke preferred the brownies.




Andy and Wendy and the cousins spent a big chunk of their two-month furlough at Mom and Dad's house, and I still feel like the time was painfully short.  Two months after two years away was good (but two YEARS after two years away would be better).  I am greedy.

Last-minute festivities included Ethan shooting his rocket across the road into the hayfield a handful of times,



enough s'mores to make an elephant ill,








 

and sparklers leftover from Andy's show before they left two years ago. What a night!
(Oh, how we miss them.)


No comments :