1.17.2016

I Barely Had to Lift a Finger



If you turn your back while Ezekiel's helping, you can be sure he'll scoop out all the zucchini pancake batter by himself,







and if you wait a minute more, Aidan will eat the rest plain.






He flips them, too!  (Pardon his girl apron.  He looked for a boy one, but there were none to be found.  I told him I can make him an apron with a truck and a hamburger on it for his birthday because trucks + hamburgers =  boy aprons.)





I'll have to remember to include a holster for the spatula.  Those fake, puny pockets just don't cut it.


5 comments :

Anonymous said...

He is getting to be a big boy!!

sarah said...

It's not so girly. And a spatula holster is genius. Those boys are just cuteness.

Renata said...

Zucchini pancakes - I need your recipe (pretty please - is it on your food blog?). We have zucchini everything we can at the moment. I love this season though - fresh garden produce is wonderful!
:)
Oh & I wish we lived closer. We have a couple of outgrown boy aprons sitting in our kitchen drawer. Zeke could have those. (Alas, I do believe that postage would be more than purchasing a brand new one though).
:)

Abigail said...

I'd give you a recipe...if I had one! I'm well known for winging breakfast muffins and pancakes around here, with usually good results, because those foods are very forgiving.

We make both savory and sweet zucchini pancakes, but these are sweet.
Just take your normal pancake recipe, add a bunch of zucchini, along with some nutmeg and cloves, decrease the liquid as needed to offset the zucchini liquid, substitute homemade yogurt for the oil, and cook like normal! I'm so helpful... :)

Abigail said...

Oh! And ground cinnamon! A boatload of ground cinnamon.