8.08.2006

Just One Slice.

After many interruptions, I finally finish.
The burden of a blog.

(All ye who are weary and heavy-laden...)

I have a gazillion snapshots in backlog right now. Such a thing as an excess of excess does indeed exist, and it's defined by these pictures stacked up to the moon, (Alice). This is the month in which Summer becomes prodigal, almost wanton, with her stores of windy green and bright, and scatters such a bounty of fullness that I would snatch a break straight through to autumn if not for the fact that the pile of pictures would then stack up to the sun, and even I can't bear the thought of posting that number.

So once again, make do with few words from me,
and fasten instead your peepers on these pictures.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Abigail,

Welcome to Ithaca (i think that's what i gathered...) I don't know if you remember me and my John; we graduated from Houghton in 2003 and had the pleasure of sharing a pre-Joel&Sonya's wedding cabin with you, John & Millie.

Anyhoo, we've been in Ithaca ever since - hope you're feeling settled in and at home!

Abigail said...

Hullo!

Of course I remember sharing that luxurious vacation cabin with you guys! We fondly remember our road trip, that "cabin", and their wonderful wedding.

We're actually living about 50 minutes away from downtown Ithaca right now, though we're members of a church on South Plain St. Next summer, if we're able, we plan to move to Nanticoke (where I grew up), which is about 40 minutes from Ithaca.

You chose a great place to settle down. Ithaca is beautiful! And gorges, too...I'm sure you know that local joke. :)