4.20.2009

Conversations with Mildred Elise

Since my camera's injury, it's been throwing all sorts of sulky fits. Thankfully, the only permanent problem is the frozen zoom switch, so I can still take lots of pictures. (Whew!)


This causes a problem, though, when I try to take pictures of Millie. In the past, I would zoom in from far off, which allowed me to take pictures without her knowledge. No longer. Now that I have to be physically close in order to get close pictures, I hesitate to take many in consideration of my girl who doesn't much care for cameras.

I discovered something a few days ago, though, when I found the girls playing with paper dolls in the bathroom. If I talk to her about something she finds interesting, she barely notices the camera! We lucked out.


In the order in which she appeared, here she talks about the different fruit trees and berry bushes we can plant when we settle in the country.








Here she scowls while trying to remember the name of "the red berry she wants to plant."



And more furrowed attempts to remember...



I'll have to brainstorm bathroom conversation topics anytime her shotsnaps presence is too sparse.

3 comments :

cadie said...

Wow, that first picture is really striking . . . the dark hair, and as always, her wide, dark eyes strike me. But also it struck me like her face is getting narrower.

I also especially like the third in-color one, because to me that really looks like such a characteristic Millie-expression; I remember seeing her make that face when she was a toddler. (Not that I saw her very many times when she was a toddler.) Such bright eyes and that funny mouth expression. The brightly smiling one really jumped out at me as well! (Another characteristic Millie-face! :-P)

Full of Grace said...

All of your girls have such expression in their faces, I wonder where they get it from ;)

Samuel thanks you so much for the goodies you sent him- he loved the sticker book and has used the sidewalk chalk more than once already :) Thanks so much for thinking on us...

I still have that turtle sandbox and was wondering if you could use it at your new home? You could use it as a small pool if you would rather not use it filled with sand to keep the troups entertained outdoors :)

Titi said...

5th one down, she really looks like a johnson to me. Actually, she seems be looking more like a Johnson the older she gets.