4.20.2009

They All Have Excellent Manners

My mom-in-law gave me party favors for Annika's birthday, lots of shiny, satin bags filled with fairy dust. She also gave us wands and ten-ton bags of candy. Since we only had cousins over for cake-eating on Annika's actual birthday, we threw a pirate-fairy-elephant tea party last Friday. We invited the next door cousins and our neighbor Corynn. It was loads of fun, but I only took a half-dozen pictures, and they were awful. (If I steal some off of Becky's camera, I'll post more another day.)

Lots of fairy-princess-pirates and one lovely mother of pirates sat on this bench. (The mother is the girl in white.)


The sun-bleached tea party table. (It was appropriately decorated with fairies, elephants, and, you guessed it, pirates.)



We had a little scavenger hunt to uncover the scattered pieces of a treasure map. Then the girls followed the map to dig up the treasure, which was brilliantly buried in the garden. Who would've thought?! They dug like frenzied moles, and found the treasure chest, inside of which were bags of glitter and mounds of candy.



This morning, I found three pieces of the treasure map tucked under the table. I think there are three girls waiting with hope to reuse it, but there's no way they'd find the treasure without the missing piece.

No comments :