4.03.2009

The Three Arrrr's

After Annie finished her math, she asked me to take a picture of her, so I did. (I did it for HER, not for me.)

She's wearing one of her favorite dresses, which is covered in slates and pencils and teacher's apples, and it fortuitously matches her eyepatch, clogs, and the sheath and pirate scarf I made for her birthday. The real telescope was a gift from her best friend, cousin Tommy. It was his, and I think he needs to show her how to use it properly.



I was so glad to catch this face in time. I looked up and there it was! Brilliant.






I'm glad she was born a few hundred years late for her heyday because she's much too cute to be a real pirate.


She's still pretty fierce, though.

5 comments :

Griffen said...

She looks only a little psyched about the forthcoming festivities.

Her outfit is a feast for the eyes. Lil flash pirate, she.

Liana said...

I love her clogs, and "matching" pirate gear. I agree - much too cute for real piracy.

Michelle said...

I love the outfit? Have you ever read the Magic Schoolbus books? She reminds me of Ms. Frizzle! :)

Abigail said...

Michelle,
She totally does! I'll have to tell Annie you said so. She gets a kick out of those zany outfits.

Rebecca said...

The third one down is my favorite~that one just NEEDS to be on your wall! Maybe as a welcome sign saying "Arrrgh! WHO goes thar?"