4.03.2009

Cool Things I Did Not Make

So, around eleven o'clock, the night before Annie's birthday, I decided to make her a gift.

It was after I gave it to her the next day that I resolved to finally give LAST year's awesome homemade gift its due. It's too bad that I didn't make it, but my friend Titi did! She's a genius.

The elephants sit.


The elephants rest.


And, yes, I meant elephantS. She make three of them.

That same Titi also made me a gift for my birthday a year ago. May I introduce the world's classiest diaper bag? (Just try to argue the point. You won't win.)


The picture doesn't do it justice at all.

And, look, it's lined with fairy gold.


My mother is also a genius. She made this birthday dress for Annika.


But WAIT! She made a matching bolero jacket--


a jacket that sports the perfect pink button.


These gifts kind of make my sewing seem the sham it is, eh?! And THAT, my friends, is why it's wise to surround one's greedy self with talented people.

4 comments :

alltheposts said...

WOWWW. That's all I can say about that.

Michelle P said...

I'll second that. Who needs to sew when you have others around who do it SOOO well! I love that jacket!

Michelle said...

I still think Titi needs to open up a shop or something. She AND your mom! Those are awesome gifts.

Rebecca said...

Michelle is SO right. The second.

Actually, come to think of it~the first Michelle is too!

There is nothing better than homemade gifts, especially when they are INCREDIBLE. I mean~no pinholes in juicelids sorts of things for you!