4.03.2009

Five Pictures in Twelve Days, or, Skip This Post

Before Annie's birthday arrived, I took five snapshots in twelve days. Then, true to form, I took one billion in two days.

Before moving on to the one billion, here are the five, in the order in which I took them, and with appropriately dull commentary.

SNAPSHOTS ONE AND TWO: They Tasted Delicious

Millie helped me make dough for bread bowls. I left the kitchen after she'd mixed the dough and had begun kneading it. I returned five minutes later to discover this masterpiece.

Dough Hen with Eggs.

Give the artist one more minute, and the Dough Hen becomes a Setting Hen.


(Rebecca- it's no coincidence that this happened the day after we visited your house.)

SNAPSHOTS THREE AND FOUR: Wives, Obey Your Husbands...ALWAYS!

I stuffed the van (and I do mean stuffed) with the girls' winter clothing and my too-big clothing and with the girls and with myself. Then, we drove to my brother's barn to deposit them until colder weather returns. This was not a problem.

The problem was not that John told me to make sure I put the newly repaired tire back in the van before we left. The problem also was not my replying that I would do so.

No, the problem arose, strangely enough, when I decided to leave without the tire.

See that problem?


My dad tells me that blow-outs are nearly unheard of in these days of new-fangled tires. (Not when you disregard your husband, they're not!)

The girls were about as distressed by the blowout as they were by the flat we had not two weeks earlier.


SNAPSHOT THE FIFTH: Let's Plant Some Trees

A sure sign of spring-- box elder bugs crawling on the computer screen. In seriousness, John said we should plant trees to attract them because he'll miss them. Endearing, little bugs...


Now onto the billion!

4 comments :

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, Nixie!

Also, just saw your trailer and was pleasantly surprised!! I mean it!! I was impressed. Lots of windows.

However, am praying about the certain development. And that it develops further.

Michelle said...

The "dough hen" is great! Millie is turning into quite the accomplished cook!

Abigail said...

Sarah,
Me, too. I just wish it was all over, and that we were already at the top OR the bottom of Hunger Mount.

Rebecca said...

That hen is too much! Man that girl is talented in so many stinkin' ways. And I love the way her mind works.