12.29.2011

Gifts

Stockings.







Presents from Grandma and Grandpa:










McGamma, Luci was smitten with her Sing-a-Ma-Jig. She wouldn't let go of it and kept laughing and squealing as she held it (him? her?).





And I like that she and John's wonderful gift-topper/note holder to me share the same posture.











One of my favorite parts of the morning was watching Pip, wearing her nightgown backwards, ignore all the presents and hooplah in favor of sedately eating the orange from the toe of her stocking.

She's a peach.


2 comments :

Kate said...

At some point in my elementary years, I calmly (but passionately) explained to my mother that she was no longer to put fruit in the toe of my stocking because it made a mess. As a joke, she switched to cans of mandarin oranges instead.

Abigail said...

This made me laugh. I love that you opted out so early on, and here I am in my 30's insisting on passing along The Revered Tradition!