12.29.2011

Only 20 Pounds More to Go!

Errr...I mean 16 weeks...

All of my bones have disappeared-- cheekbones, collarbones, hipbones, shinbones, anybones, and everybones. My chin has melted back into my neck, all sharp edges are perfectly round and plump, and I'm well on my way to another successful 45-or-50-pound-weight-gain-for-a-seven-pound-baby. It happens every single time. (Through no small effort, I've already reached the 30-pound mark.)

I think I still have a bit of elbow bone left, though, which I suppose means I haven't been working hard enough. Don't worry, I'll get on it. Candy bowl! C'mon! Get over here! You didn't expect me to actually stand up and walk over to it, did you...?

For those belly-lovers among you, here I am at almost twenty-four weeks. I suppose I should set up an appointment sometime, huh?







Also, I realize the shirt is rumpled. Just be glad I changed out of my wool sweaters and bathrobe for the picture. No, I am not joking about the sweaters OR the bathrobe. It's haute couture on the hill, and I shamelessly wear them nearly every day. In fact, when Susie asked me why I was dressed in "going out clothes" and I told her I was going to take a picture of my belly, she thought it was the funniest thing ever.

(Also again, I realize that due to the dreary lack of daylight, the picture is grainy. Sorry. I knew that if I didn't take a picture when the spirit moved me, I would never take one.)

(Also, lastly, I picked the picture in which I look least round, barring the impressive belly. Great angle! Jut that chin!)

13 comments :

Abigail said...

p.s. I have a HALO!

Laura said...

gorgeous mama!

Rebecca said...

Wonderful baby under that belly.

I can't help but think that this picture looks quite like a painting. The grainy-ness makes it so.

Farmgirl said...

Oh, I am a baby-belly fan! You positively look radiant, and I love it. When I was pregnant, I always packed on the 50+ lbs, too... but I loved it. I truly did. I was 9 months pregnant at Christmas for the last round, and pondering Mary really had a special feeling that season. Pure love. Blessings to you and that marvelous child growing inside of you! (AND, for those of us living vicariously through our preggo friends, keep taking pictures... please?) :)

Molly said...

Ditto to the above comments! You do look radiant, just gorgeous!! Please do continue to take pictures - in or out of sweaters and robe:-)

Much love!

Griffen said...

Beautiful. Being heavy with child suits you. And by heavy, I mean that every ounce seems to be in that growing girl. Or boy?

Titi said...

d'you know, I have seen you 9 mos pregnant before and I have never yet seen all your bones disappear. I sometimes wonder if maybe pregnancy affects your eyesight & makes you see what isn't there and not see what IS there(like bones)?

boo to the winter. I don't believe in winter.

Come visit me. :)

Mary said...

I have two words:
BEAUTY & BLESSED

Abigail said...

Thanks, all!

And Sandy and Titi, you made me feel ashamed for posting the side view instead of the more truly representative front view-- double chin front and center, love handles drooping over the sides of my jeans, and all.

And, yes, so glad that there's actually a BABY under that big ol' belly! :)

Michelle P said...

you are glowing and look beautiful! congratulations and so happy for you!

Unknown said...

you look wonderful! never would have guessed 30 lbs!

Wendy said...

I don't think I even knew you were expecting again! Congrats...clearly a bit late! You are a beautiful pregnant woman! I love being pregnant...it was almost like the only time I really felt comfortable in my own skin...and yet...physically uncomfortable at times lol! Hope to run into you at a friendly function sometime soon!

Abigail said...

WHAT? I accidentally didn't include the view of my lower half, on which at least 20 of those pounds are probably packed?! How neglectful of me...

Belle-Michelle,
Thank you, lovely girl.


Kiley,
I remember actually guffawing out loud when you were pregnant with Sadie and mentioned on your blog (when you were nearing full term) that you'd gained some ridiculous 24 or some such pounds, with a "smidge" extra on your thighs. I guffawed. I actually guffawed. (Please don't envy my superior ability to pack it on.)

Wendy,
You are one of those pregnant women that I envy. You always carry your babies so gracefully. Also, I want to host a springtime get-together! If things work out, before baby arrives; if not, then sometime after. :)