12.29.2011

Tannenbaum

We continue to decorate a Jesse tree throughout Advent until Christmas Eve, at which point we transform the tree into a gaudy expression of loveliness.

When the Big Night arrives, the girls always want to wear lights, and they get one calm turn each before total decorating chaos ensues.


Luci wasn't very impressed with the tradition.



Pip was Pip.






Millie thought she was royalty.




Royalty with a ragamuffin child...




Nixie was a pixie.




And the Bird?




She wanted to share the spotlight.




Nice hair, dolly!




Don't be fooled by how peaceful these two pictures look







The reason why there aren't any more is because the living room was CRAZY until the very last bulb in the box was slapped on the tree.


Phew. Until next year...










2 comments :

Molly said...

I love this tree-trimming tradition in your family, Abigail. It would have delighted me as a little girl to participate. Millie's photo reminds me of the photos I've seen from the St. Lucia's Day Celebration (Dec. 13th) where they crown the young lady with a lighted candle wreath.

Abigail said...

I've always loved that tradition and wished it were part of my heritage! It really would be something with my bird-nest-headed girls, though, to avoid scorching their heads. :)