12.08.2011

Thank Full

I only took two pictures on Thanksgiving Day because when everyone arrived, I couldn't locate my Fancy Camera. Turns out I'd put it in the side drawer of the buffet table. See, that's what I get for cleaning the house. Industriousness never pays.


So instead of pictures of our lovely guests gathered around the lovely harvest table and the lovely feast that could have fed fifty, here are the pies I made bathed in the morning's first sunbeams,





as well as a picture I took while swinging from the chandelier.




My mom also brought four pies, which meant that there were almost 7 pies leftover at the end of the day. Oy. I guess we forgot that this year there were only 12 mouths to feed instead of 40. (Don't fret; I won't let pie go to waste!)

And just for you, Joel, here's a picture of the garland of thanksgiving, which, by the way, requires that I cut out a billion leafs each year, in requested shapes (e.g. "Mama, can you please make me some more beech leaves?).




And the promised close-up of the Leaf of Accusation. A.A.O. is thankful for you, no doubt, but couldn't help shedding some of her bewilderment.

Wy, Joel, WY???? Wy, indeed?







p.s. Joel, I think most of the girls dedicated one leaf of Thanksgiving to you, but you can bet I exposed your two-timing reason for not driving home. Just wait until Christmas, buddy...

3 comments :

Molly said...

Oh, pie is my one weakness and your pies look divine, Abigail. The garland is beautiful and such a pretty backdrop to the whole room - it looks like a Still Life painting.

Mary said...

The pies look yummy, but to pretty to eat.

Love the shoe buckets, we have shoe baskets.

Love the decor!

Rebecca said...

beautiful pies. Beautiful light. Beautiful stove.

Beautiful life you create and notice and God gives.