12.29.2011

The Leftovers

A literally lost tooth, for which a used spark plug served as substitute under the pillow.





Sleeping baby wrapped up in robes.






Together enjoying a book.





The yearly trip to the mall, whose smooth, shiny floor just begs for little girls to slide around on it.




Victorian St. Nicholas! (He tied for first place in our affections, along with the woodsy Russian St. Nicholas.)




An stupid inspired decision to strip wallpaper and paint the dining room three days before Christmas.



I finished early Christmas Eve, and it looks lovely. I'll take pictures sometime.





Girls who want to help.











Wild elderberry liqueur, finally ready.







And pretty.





And this picture, which I find funny for the fact that every time I scribble out a border for our weekly school verse, Millie feels compelled to add my "artist's mark" to it. AJO made these scribbles, and don't you fergit it!



3 comments :

Rebecca said...

Why do you decide to paint a dining room just days before company? And bake dozens and dozens of cookies. And create personalized gingergirls. And. And. And.

Because you are insane. That is why.

And because you know how to create joy and memories and moments and spend your time making them.

You are a jolly good elf.

And, as a complete sidenote, I think the color you painted your dining room is the very same color I bought (but have yet) to paint my bathroom. LOVELY.

elizabethfrances said...

Wow! You did it.
Is that the final color? I will wait for "pictures to follow" to see.

Abigail said...

Rebecca,
I believe "stupid" is the word you were looking for. Definitely stupid...and once in a while jolly good.

I'm using the leftovers for the upstairs bathroom (with the hall/landing a pale yellow). I think we had this conversation before when I said that I might paint the dining room a bathroom color. I was right; it IS a bathroom color! :) (Purchased from Walmart-- "Lyric Water Dance." The name made me laugh, but I bought it anyway. Lyric Water Dance??? C'mon, Walmart, you can do better than that.)

Elizabeth,
Yes! And forthcoming.