12.01.2011

A.K.A.










 At exactly three and a half years of age (today!), our Little Pip still doesn't know her name. I keep an extra-tight grasp on her in public places, because if she were to wander off to be found by, hopefully, a morally upright individual, this is how the conversation would proceed.







   M.U.I.: "Oh, hello, little lamb. You've lost your mommy?" (For some reason, I assume M.U.I.'s will say "mommy" instead of "mama") "What's your name?" 

Piper Joy: "Pippi"

M.U.I.:"And what's your last name, sweetie?"

Piper Joy: "Pippi Long'tockin'." 
 
M.U.I.: Beginning to think she's pulling a leg, "What's your other name?" 

Piper Joy: "Tuhguhplum." [sugarplum] 
 
M.U.I.: "But what is your full name, darling?" 
 
Piper Joy: "Luddy Duddy." [lovey dovey] 
 
M.U.I.: At wit's end, "Do you have any other names, honey?" 
 
Piper Joy: "Yets. Nut Bee-ah-ee." (nut berry) 
 
M.U.I. Hopelessly asking anyway, "Is that ALL of your names?" 
 
Piper Joy: "Yets."




So, we don't intend to lose her. Ever. John and I have tested Pip many times on this front and made weak attempts to teach her the proper response to the time-honored question, "What's your name?" but, so far, nothing but the above has stuck, so Pippi Long'tockin' she remains. I almost posted this clip last January. Of course, I now see that it's the probable genesis of our current problem, but, at the time, her sweetness compelled me. "No, hoo gooten!" (I apologize for the baby talk. I hate to hear my voice. Blech.)



   


 Nearly a year later, Pip's pronunciation of her names is much clearer, so M.U.I.'s will know exactly what she's saying to flummox them. ____________________________________________________________



      



Also, if you think of it today or before sunrise tomorrow morning, send up a quick prayer for the Sugarplum. She has an early appointment at the hospital for a "better safe than sorry" biopsy for a likely benign mass. Don't worry, though. Today, Millie's making a anesthesia mask for 'Tinker, too, so that he and Pip can fall asleep together. (Lucky skunk.)






12 comments :

Rebecca said...

#1~ She is so cute. That big eyed face is exactly the one that would greet M.U.I or even MUAH, if asked. She is very good at that big eyed face. Cute.

#2~ She seems very grown up in these pictures. Or in the braids. Or both.

#3~ Prayed already and will pray more. So sorry ANOTHER of your children has to deal silly bothersome (Lord willing-benign!) masses. You speak as if it is just a silly, ordinary doctor visit, but it is still very scary. So I'll be fervently praying for her, for you, and for speedy answers. Poor thing.

Oh yes~ and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the girl who shares my newly 3 year olds personality! They are very nearly twins, those two.

Laura said...

praying for her!!!

Molly said...

Prayers are said and will continue without ceasing!

Precious photos, precious child of God. What beauty. Happy Birthday, sweet Piper!!

Much Love!

Titi said...

If I were to steal one of your children--which I wouldn't--because they're your children--and I don't steal--but if I were to steal one of your children. . .

I'd steal Piper!

Will pray for all benignness.. .

Michelle said...

Prayers, indeed! She is definitely a sugarplum. :)

Unknown said...

awww...so cute!!! love hearing the nicknames we come up with as we get to know our children.

sadie's usual n.n: sadie katie lemon lady. he, he!

praying that all went well!!!

cadie said...

I left a similar comment to Titi's, but Blogger ate it--about me stealing Piper, especially if you post more videos of her (post more videos of your children, by the way! :) )

Liana said...

Adorable.
Have been praying for her & you!
Please keep us posted!

Sarah said...

I have to confess this whole thing is threatening to really undo me. Praying for strength for all & a clear biopsy. Love to Pip & her Mama.

Michelle P said...

How did the surgery go? Everything okay?

Abigail said...

Thanks for the love and prayers, all! Sorry for not posting yet, but what I do and do not (i.e. avoiding what I should do) keeps smushing my blog to the side.

Pip had a blast, and while waiting beforehand and when waking up from the anesthetic, she watched over FOUR hours of cartoons. She also ate two popsicles, one ice cream, and two cups of apple juice, while the nurses provided a steady inflow of coddling and stickers. All the girls were glad for her but the tiniest bit jealous, too. Her lump looks great, and tomorrow we find out the results when Dr. Lollipop takes the stitches out.

Sarah,
I wanted to tell you that as I waited for Pip (and since), I prayed for little Espn and his family with more immediacy than usual. There's nothing like being in a hospital surrounded by ill people to help bring home the reality of someone you've never met. (And I'm thankful about Joy-joy!)

For everyone else, here's a link that will lead you to a sweet little guy whose family would welcome your fervent prayers for a miracle.

Abigail said...

I just followed the link and discovered that Jesus Himself holds Espn now. I don't have a Facebook account and hadn't visited his page in several weeks.

Please pray those same fervent prayers for his family. May they be held, too, and may the great Comforter strengthen and comfort them and bring them peace.