12.29.2011

Sweets.

The Table of Sugar Consumption.



Top o' the mornin'.



The gingerbread girls.

















Thankfully, Millie didn't notice that her counterpart was a little worse for the wear.





I made up for it by (accidentally) tempering the chocolate perfectly this year before pouring it into the molds. So glossy! So smooth and shiny!




Don't think I'm a bad mother. I'm just sentimental, and since Christmas morning was the only day of the year that I was able to eat sugar cereal as a child, I've continued the tradition with my own. Yeah! SUGAR CEREAL! It may not seem like much to you, but my girls think it's the best.



Plus, we drank eggnog.
Sugar, ho! (Ho, ho, ho.)

6 comments :

Rebecca said...

Still waiting to see a great with child Gingergal appear some year.

Griffen said...

Every year I want to steal this tradition. The ginger-peeps, not the cereal (though their both good traditions, to be sure.) I actually found "ninja-bread men" cutters online recently. Maybe that can be our kung-fu spin on an Owen classic:)

Abigail said...

If there were more hours in that day, I could have! I always bake extra of the big girls (men) because some always crack.

Sandy,
I wholeheartedly support the improving on this tradition. Ninja-bread men.
!

Michelle P said...

This just looks like it belongs in a book of perfect christmas traditions--everything looks so great! I love the cookies! and the cereal, well, we all have our guilty pleasures. fruity pepples, frankenberry, lucky charms...childhood memories always include a few sugar cereals. :)

Abigail said...

WHAT?! YOU GOT THE NAME-BRAND STUFF???

What a charmed childhood...sigh.

Abigail said...

(I am so stingy.)