2.05.2013

As Long As We're on the Subject

Here's a pocketful of snapshots from the Newman's harvest party, as well as some of the vanilla bean cheesecake with salted caramel that I took along to share.  (Oh, buildabelly, someday I'll revive you.  It might take this cheesecake to do it, though.)

Oh, look!  Homemade salted caramel thoughtfully heaped in spoons!




 


I took a picture and then had to eat them both.  It wouldn't do to offend oneself, you know, when oneself is being so darn thoughtful. 

 


Enough with the caramel.  Judah Bear, your furrowed brow melts me!  What a handsome, rosy boy you are.
 
 


Corynn!  You make me laugh a lot.  Maybe I should steal you, too. 

 


All right, fine!  While I'm in the childnapping business, you can come along, too, Andrew.  Yes, yes, of COURSE you can bring Skeeter and a year's supply of hay and a sturdy barn in which to keep him.  What?  Your dad's tractor?  Sure, just bring it along. 

 


I have to draw the line somewhere, though.

 
 


There's not room for a wagonfull in our house, even when that wagonfull holds the lovely Anna, who is much beloved by Zeke.

 

 
 


To balance out this post in an orderly fashion, here's the last slice of cheesecake, immortalized before the girls and I gobbled it up. In the words of Susannah-Bird, "Oh, My Very Own Goodness!"
 

4 comments :

Molly said...

Oh my yes! Recipe, pleeeeeeease! That looks amazing, Abigail!!!

Much love!

Abigail said...

I'll try to find my chicken-scratch "recipe" and put it into English for you.

elizabethfrances said...

Oh, Ezekiel! I just love him. sigh.

Rebecca said...

What a fabulous picture of Anna!