2.06.2013

Thanksgiving Day

We gave thanks,
and we ate pie.

I made several pies the day before, but Millie sailed ahead with the cherry pie, of which, you may recall, she is quite fond.




 


 


Wendy, you won't believe this, but everything was actually ready before anyone arrived (except Deb, but she doesn't count).  I even took a few pictures.  Look!  Here's the only evidence of the onions I braided this year for hanging.  They've long since vanished in all manner of dishes.



 


Here's a picture of the acorn cookie favors I made in the middle of the night.  Joel's is the grumpy one.  (Debbie packaged them prettily for me once she arrived.)


 

Once everyone arrived, I didn't really bring out the camera, save for these three of Luke and lovely Jae-Ryong introducing Ezekiel to Miso. 


 

I don't think either one was favorably impressed.

 
 


Zeke was so disgusted by the whole affair that he refused to even look at me afterward. 



 

I also took these snapshots of Deb powering up her school laptop for a video chat with A, W, & Co.  The first!  Here, Annika was quivering with excitement about getting to see Dakota.





And then, small hordes began to move in.


 


It's no wonder they couldn't hear a word on the Alaskan side.  We were all simultaneously shouting at the screen.  Elated, yes.  Unintelligible, also, yes. 


We miss you guys.

No comments :