2.06.2013

It's Why We Invented Windows

We hosted Thanksgiving this year, which, with the sore absence of Andy, Wendy, & Co., amounted to a mere 30-odd bodies in the house. Thanksgiving morning, I was flapping out linens and scurrying around when a solitary glance out the window stopped me in my tracks.  Every so often, they come along.



 


I followed the birds to the tower 

 
 



 just so I could warm my hands in front of this.





With fire at my back, the short walk out of the field seemed sky-pale and dim,


 


and I followed my frosty footfalls back home where the bustle resumed as if there'd been no pause. 

 

2 comments :

Molly said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Those pictures are priceless. They make me want to read my scriptures thanking God for His majestic creation. What a gift you received that day before all of the other gifts arrived!

Much love!

Abigail said...

Amen. I enjoyed Thanksgiving Day immensely, but that short moment of pause was just what I needed.