7.04.2015

Mother's Day


John had to work on Mother's Day, so we made a Greek feast to share with my mother and Deborah.  I have no snapshots of dear, little Mopsy, of Deborah, or of the Greek feast.  I also have no snapshot of the first angel food cake that fell out of its upside-down pan and broke all over the kitchen table at 11:30 p.m. or of the first batch of lemon curd, which I burnt while staring at the cake pieces all over the kitchen table, forcing me to start again on both fronts with melodramatic despair in my heart.

I probably should have take pictures of these things to balance out the following, but, somehow, I don't pick up the camera in these finest of life moments.

Here, instead, are starched pictures of the second cake and homemade lemon curd, awaiting the someday resurrection of buildabelly.

















I discovered that homemade lemon curd is one of my favorite things to eat straight from a spoon.  The following day I also discovered that leftover lemon curd is just the thing to turn plain homemade yogurt into a decadent dessert.  Thank you, lemon curd.

Forever yours, 
A.J.O.










3 comments :

Rebecca said...

That is a beautiful angel food cake! They are one of those cakes that makes you feel so accomplished when you get it right. And the lemon curd? I can just imagine how that would taste in yogurt....yum!

Abigail said...

Those cakes are easy to get right for the baking part...JUST DON'T COOL THEM ON A WINE BOTTLE, STUPID ABIGAIL WHO TRUSTS THE INTERNET!!!!

Abigail said...

p.s. In retrospect, it was a good thing. I turned the broken cake and the slightly burnt lemon curd into a trifle, which I then ate by the fistful for the next few days. Delicious.