1.13.2018

Gonna Rock Around the Clock Tonight.



After church on Christmas Eve, I thought I'd take a picture of the children.  The problem is that my desire to do so petered out after 30 seconds, about 28 seconds after the children's desire did the same.









John tried to help by giving them each a Charms sour ball.  It didn't help.
We tried.  Kind of.











The last scavenger clue of Advent.








Stocking stretching!








Who knows when I took this picture.  The library's clean, and the blessed Babe has made His way to the creche's manger, so I'm guessing 2 o'clock.





Living room's clean, too?  Wow!





Aaaaaand the gingerbread children.  Every year, there comes a point at which I think that this might be the year that I just give up, go to sleep, and skip out on gingerbread children, but they always come through somehow.


Millie.





Annika.




Susannah.




Piper.





Lucinda.






Ezekiel (spiffed up, bow tie and all)






Aidan (eschewing fanciness, as usual)







and Cadence.







 Where's Skylark?  Why, right here!  She's woke up at four o'clock, wondering why she wasn't in bed and why her mama is a crazy woman.






Five o'clock rock.  Ah, almost bedtime.




2 comments :

Rebecca said...

I really don't understand how I hadn't commented on all these posts before now. Weird.

Such good traditions you keep at Christmas. And such pretty bits all over everywhere.

Abigail said...

I understand completely! It's all those balls you've got in the air; commenting on shotsnaps is a minor one that rolled into the corner, as it should. :) (That said, I LOVE your comments! Just don't ever feel like it's one of the ones that needs to stay in the air.)