8.24.2018

And Now He's Four



All that I wrote on Aidan's birthday last year still holds true. He still wears me out, and he still fills me up to the brim with his humor, imagination, and affection. What a boy he is! Finest four.





We didn't return from dropping off the visiting children until late afternoon, and John and Zeke were gone at doctors' offices (and then the hospital) all day getting a flake of metal out of Zeke's cornea, which made for an unusual birthday.  I made the birthday meal and cake in a rush, and Aidan sat grinning next to me the whole time. He wanted a car cake, but the chocolate cake recipe I used was way too moist. I guess picking a recipe titled "Moist Chocolate Cake" should have alerted me. I kept smushing it back together each time it split apart, while Aidan reassured me that it looked like a car.  (Because I kept asking, "What does this look like to you?")

Thank goodness for a lively imagination to see cars in boxy cakes, and thank goodness for chocolate sandwich cookies, which make everything better.

I'm posting all these pictures because his grin is just too good to skimp on.













The cake just barely stayed intact while he blew out the candles and then collapsed into a mound of crumbs once I cut the first slices (but they were moist crumbs, so the recipe was honest!). Yum. 

I am so happy that this Little Fire is ours to enjoy for this time. Here's to four, my boy, and beyond! We love you 'ooper, 'ooper, 'oooooper much, to the moon an' back an' back an' back.





No comments :