8.24.2018

If Only We Were Neighbors


This post brought to you by a good chum's generosity in lending us her children for a bit while she flew to Holland. (Go forth and visit Holland yourself through her photos, just like I did.  They are wonderful. Just plug "A Dutch Girl Goes to Holland" into her search bar to see them all.)






These two were the closest I might ever come to having twins.

They ate together, got covered in mud together, were scrubbed together, napped, and then immediately got dirty again...together.









































They were here for Aidan's birthday, too! Aidan was pretty happy.









Birthday swimming at the pond involved lots of life jackets on small bodies so that I didn't have a nervous breakdown.  It all went swimmingly. (Pun. Forgive me.)
















Ineke was so sweet, all tuckered out on the drive to meet her papa. Next time you fly to Holland, Rebecca, we'll take them for the whole week!






3 comments :

Rebecca said...

I almost gave up catching up because I am so far past the time I should have gone off the computer but the draw of NOT KNOWING WHAT CAME NEXT spurred me on. I am glad I did though because I got to see this post! I still owe you proper thanks and a teensy Holland surprise I got for you on my trip and it will come someday before my first and second trip to Holland (That is a promise I can keep since I will never be going again! ha!) but it is worth saying over and over again in many different spaces...that you are a very dear friend who did a very dear thing in taking the children while I was gone.

Rebecca said...

Now I must be off! Without knowing all the rest of the happenings? What will I miss?

;-)

Abigail said...

Not much to miss!

And it was a true pleasure! ANYTIME.
We will nab your children anytime.
As I've heard the girls say multiple times since Matt said it, "We're FAMILY." :)