8.10.2018

What's the Use of a Blog? REAL TIME.


I steer clear of instant-post-here's-what-I'm-eating-right-now media platforms, but even in my cavewoman's hole, I've heard that social media is all about being jealous of or inspiring jealousy in others, right? I haven't been doing my part lately on this ol' blog, so here's something to light the fires of deep-down-I-wish-I-was-HER inside your hearts.

1. The three kitchen garbage bags of mending are now empty. Yes, that's right, I'm talking about those three garbage bags of mending/patching/altering I've been toting from the dining room table/sewing table to hide in my bedroom whenever we had "real" company for almost the entire summer. Plus, I finished the other miscellaneous mending. How much mending can one family need?!
Those bags-- EMPTY.
Mending-- DONE.

2. For the first time in nearly 2 months, my husband is taking a shower with HOT water*.  Yesirree, bob. We are moving up, folks!

*With, as ever, grateful hearts to Teman and Keith, who take pity on our plight each time my mother spills the beans.

There. Go forth and be jealous, 'cause that's what blogs are all about. (Thank you, internet, for improving our lives.)

8 comments :

Abigail said...

p.s. I steer clear of those platforms for quite a few reasons, all of which boil down to the fact that, on the whole, I think they're unhealthy, and I'm a weakling who would waste even more of my life if I opened the door. (...in case I sounded elitist by stating that I "steer clear" of such. Mostly, I know my weaknesses.)

heidiann(e) said...

Ugh, the green-eyed monster rears its head!

I'm only jealous if those bags of mending magically took care of themselves. Which I suspect, they did not.

If you want magic mending-elves to find your bags of projects, you need to stop moving them around!

heidiann(e) said...

BTW-

We love & miss you!

I see Millie's birthday nearing on my Google calendar.
How can another year's mark be coming?!?

Molly said...

What great satisfaction in having accomplished bags of mending. How freeing it must feel! And the blessing of friends to fix what is broken plus, a wise Mom to "spill the beans!" The daily Grace of God, overflowing, never-ending. As always, I've received a beautiful message from your post. Daily Grace.

Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Much love!

Patty said...

Love your blog and lifestyle. So inspiring. 💕

Abigail said...

H.,
SIXTEEN! This stops me in my tracks when the reality hits.
Nearly sixteen years with the Bumpkin in our lives. Wealth!
We need to see you all soon. I keep intending to invite you over, but things are barreling along too fast. If you're ever driving by, stop in! We can shovel all the stuff out of your way to make a walkway to the couch.
...and I hadn't even thought about the fact that I was probably befuddling the elves. No more! I'll even leave them a instruction note to be sure they see the pile. :)

Molly,
Thank you! Your comments are always the sweetest, even when they make me laugh because you see such beauty in what often seems simply like a life full of fumbles. Thank you for that. :)

Patty,
Hullo and welcome, and thanks for your kind comment!

Renata said...

Hi Abigail,
Well I didn't know I was meant to be jealous. I just like seeing how other people are living in other parts of the world. Truthfully I only read about 3 blogs these days & them only sporadically.

But as for that mending - that is enough to make me jealous!!!
Have a lovely day
Renata :)

Abigail said...

Hello, Renata!

Once I figure out how to get the mending elves to take notice of my mending bags, I'll send them around the world to you. :)

I am sure your life is full, so very full, with all the children you're mothering, and knowing this, I'm honored that you still check in from time to time.

May God bless you in the stretched-thin-bursting-rich life he's given-- life abundant!