8.24.2018

Razzamatazzberry


Our front yard has an unmowed portion of tangle and mess that we do not weedwack for several reasons.
1. We are lazy.
2. It provides a natural barrier between small, fragile children and speeding cars on a country road.
3. It's full of blackcaps every summer!
The weather this summer was exactly what wild berries love, and every single day, without fail, I could look out the window and see one or more children foraging for a pre-breakfast breakfast, a pre-lunch lunch, a pre-supper supper, or a bedtime snack.

















I do not exaggerate when I say that my children collectively ate gallons of wild blackcaps and raspberries this summer, a season of bliss that lasted longer than normal due to the perfect weather. They even entered some in the county fair in late July, though the pickings were getting slimmer.

They would bring me handfuls and ask me to take a picture, presumably to preserve them in photographic form since I wasn't preserving them in any other way.

































Even Skylark got in on the action.







No comments :