8.24.2018

North Country 2018


Last year's trip was so good we tried it again, and visiting with North Country kin is even better with extra chums along.






I saw my first golden tortoise beetle. Why aren't the insects that eat MY plants so glamorous?





Annika and Millie shelled out over 200 glowsticks the first night for tag and other games. Right before bedtime, a couple of the younger girls made a path from our tents to the house. Easy nighttime bathroom visits!




I only snapped a few pictures, and those only because happening upon these scenes of children who've known each other since they were babies brought me joy. They don't get to enjoy each other's company often, but when they do, it's as if no time has passed.
















Here's the group picture from Scott's camera. Everyone but forgotten Luke in one frame...




And here's a weeping Cadence when we pulled in our driveway. After the rude awakening from her nap to find we had arrived back, she kept wailing, "I don't want to be home! Please go back; please go back!"




Next summer, sweet. Hang in there.




2 comments :

Rebecca said...

Aw! That is such a sweet story about Cadence.

And a sweet time all together that weekend. I have to admit, I enjoyed myself AS MUCH as the children did.

Abigail said...

Make yer plans for 2019! Or, rather, start preparing Matt now. :)