2.10.2007

Ginger.

Ginger is good for upset stomachs. When my oldest brother went to college, my dad and I went to visit him, and I was carsick. Dad bought me sugared ginger slices to suck on, and they helped.


The day before Annie began our Week of Sicky, the girls made a gingerbread house from a kit my mom picked up after Christmas. I let them have free reign, except for the part where I "suggested" the house would look nice with icicles. Oh, and I helped Millie pipe on the windows and frost the roof.




Millie made a million little snowmen from marshmallows.




Here's one of them, melting in the hot sun.



It degenerated into this once the roof was nearly done.



Voila! Then everyone got sick, and I ate almost the entire house by myself until I, too, became ill. Ginger is good for upset stomachs, and I still don't understand why I got sick, too.

5 comments :

Rebecca said...

Nice and tasty!

Griffen said...

Nice icicles!!

Abigail said...

It was tasty, and I'm the only one who knows.

mylittle Idaho said...

Hehe, It looks mighty tasty!

Full of Grace said...

Love Your Gingerbread House! Almost too pretty to eat :) Hansel and Gretel might be sorely tempted though!

I already told my kiddos that we would make them next year again (we skipped this year, for no apparent reason other than time I suppose)