2.10.2007

A Wild Life

John occasionally drives a girl and her mother to the middle of New York City. The girl had brain surgery and needs checkups. This means that John gets paid overtime and can send me an email when he returns telling me that he's back safely, he's bringing home two alligators from the NYC sewer for the girls, and he's bringing some alligator food for me.

And you know what? He wasn't lying.



Millie refuses to even take one nibble of hers, though she's had it for an entire week, because she loves it too much and would rather keep it to play with. Annika's alligator, on the other hand, asked me (in a voice that sounded just like Annika's) if I'd like to eat its leg or its tail or its eyes. He's pretty badly maimed by this point, thanks to the appetites of me and Annie.

6 comments :

Liana said...

Are they a gingerbread alligator? Too cute!
It truly makes me happy when I know my friends have married ones who treat them so well!

Rebecca said...

Are they regular bread or gingerbread? I love thesse...

in fact, I am going to bring a bit of NYC into Happy Valley and try my hand at some bread animals too! They are super cute.

What a super thoughtful guy to bring back treats!

Abigail said...

They are gingerbread alligators, brought to us by the kindest Gingerbread Man.

heidiann(e) said...

oh my.
i need to give New York another try.

Abigail said...

I bet you could try your hand at some in your NEW DUTCH OVEN!

mylittle Idaho said...

Those are to cute!