2.01.2007

The Pieces

I sewed these two.





And here's my peekaboo baby well after midnight, awake with mama and the sewing machine.



Even the boys pitched in. Brother Pete embroidered my favorite block of the quilt (he's a surgeon-podiatrist, so it fits), Brother Luke designed a block (he's an industrial designer, so it fits), Brother Andy's wife Wendy made a cool, cool block (which fits, since Andy's working and going to school for his Master's full-time), and Brother Joel....? Joel picked out a pattern and sewed his own block! Just look at him; he's a natural.



Whipping away on Beck's machine...



(** Joel-- if you get the $$$ to me by sundown, I'll delete the last two pictures from this post. Remember, I want unmarked bills.)

5 comments :

Full of Grace said...

Your quilt blocks look amazing, and I must say I am really impressed by your bro Joel! I cannot imagine any of my male family members sitting down and sewing a quilt square, no matter how special the occasion! Joel, you are one cool cat!

Rebecca said...

You stinkpot! You really left me hanging! You show the work parts-but not the finished PRODUCT!!!

Your quilt blocks are gorgeous. I especially like the spool ones, that just seems perfect for your mom!

Oh-I just love that peekaboo picture! So cute! (You know, having several photos on one post makes for LESS posts but FULLER comments-cuz you know, I HAVE to comment on EVERYTHING.

Abigail said...

Elizabeth,
Thanks. And Joel is cool! Glad you recognize it, too.

Rebecca,
But I did show the end result!

The Powers That Be killed Hello's Bloggerbot, so I had to switch to Picasa's "Blog This" feature, which is too time-consuming if I post pictures singly. I'm going to try a few other picture-loaders (maybe Flickr) in hopes that I can go back to the old format. I miss that efficient Bloggerbot. May he rest in peace.

Griffen said...

I love your iron reflection. I saw a picture of Liza reflected in a spoon on Steve Johnson's photo blog and was so inspired I immediately took one of my own. It (need I say it) wasn't NEARLY what Steve's was, and my knicked up cheapo-skeepo spoon didn't help the cause, but it was cool. I couldn't post it for plagurism purposes, but this shot reminded me that there are other reflective surfaces in the world!! Super cute.

Abigail said...

Yeah, I didn't mean for my mug to obscure most of the picture, but I liked how happy Susannah looked through that little window.

Steve's photography makes me feel silly for putting pictures of any kind on the internet, even for faraway family to see the sweetlings.