4.12.2007

Aprons in Miniature



A month before Susannah's birthday, Millie wanted to embroider a onesie for her. She also wanted to embroider an apron for Annika's doll. Since I didn't teach her to embroider, last week she sewed a felt heart on some fabric instead. I told her to take the needle up the mountain and then down the mountain; judging by her first leap from the mountain's peak, she was eager to get to the bottom.

Yes, she'd been running barefoot in the dirt, and, yes, those are chocolate remnants by her mouth. (She definitely favors her mother...)


On Monday (Tuesday?), I made aprons for Annie's and Millie's dolls, and Millie proudly gave Annika her late birthday present. "I shouldn't have made such a very LARGE stitch, Annika," she said, though I'd assured her it was fine.


I sewed the cherries on, almost as eager to reach the bottom of the mountain, so who am I to judge?

5 comments :

Full of Grace said...

How sweetly adorable!! :)

Rebecca said...

I don't have much time for lots of comments because my preparations for our week away are only just starting-a few hours before we leave-but this one definately warrents one! Millie did SUCH a fabulous job! It is so cute that she was critical of her own work. Very lovely aprons. I wonder if you will have better luck with yours.

Corynn won't let her doll wear her apron unless she is 'working' and she never works-only plays...so the poor apron is left by the wayside.

Great job Millie!

Griffen said...

LOVE them.

Griffen said...

Oh, and I meant to comment on the picture of Millie sewing. About her feet. Awesome shot.

Abigail said...

Thanks.

Millie's funny, because when she shows the apron to visiting grandparents, the first thing she repeats is that deprecating line.

And, Rebecca, the dolls in our house must be fools for labor, because once Millie moved hers to her baby doll, they haven't come off since. (This may have to do with the fact that aprons are preferable day dress to the pajamas the dolls came wearing, though, not to the work habits of the dolls themselves.)