4.06.2007

Miscellany

I did our taxes two weeks ago. We mailed them. The girls celebrated with tightrope walking.





It's snowing now, but it wasn't then. Susannah loves the outdoors. On the ground,



n windy swoosh by the sleeping garden,


and walking by our good neighbor's good fence.



Annie rides her horse, the wellpump,


Her horse the wellpump jostles her off with a buckity buck,


and she makes peace by feeding him some grass.


Mildred received the highlight of her year(s) when we pulled out the packing material that displaced Vermontonians use when they ship boots. Pinecones of mythic proportions-- we'll festoon the outdoor stump with them when spring arrives with some measure of permanence.



We stopped by the library, where books drown in a sea of plush animals.


Guess what this little girl sniffed out.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of Wren crawling. She's a cute kid---and by that I don't me the ribbons-and-ringlets "ohh-how-cute" squeal. Just cute-that-makes-you-smile cute. Cute like a ham sandwhich.

Ham sandwhiches are cute, aren't they?

Rebecca said...

I like Annie's pony. And to think-people spend HUNDREDS of dollars on fake fur that neighs!

Those pinecones are ridiculous! The *HUGE* ones from Christmastime pale in comparison. They were probably a 1/4 of the size! Wow!

Abigail said...

Um. I guess ham sandwiches can be cute, but that's got to be the funniest compliment she's yet received. I laughed, and I think I'll write it down.

Rebecca,
Josh said they're called "widowmakers" because they can weigh up to 8 pounds. You can imagine what they'd do falling from 100 feet up. They're incredibly solid and heavy, seeming almost like wood sculptures of the pinecones we're used to around these parts.