4.06.2007

Going To the Baptist School Dance (Only Without the Dancing)

My sister Debbie is the sort of girl who's good at just about everyhing, but you can't hate her because she's so stinking sweet. (Side note- she was just accepted to the Freshman Honors program! Hip! She may not be able to go to Houghton, but hip, anyway!) She's quite similar to my sister Becky as a high school senior in this regard, and you needn't bother asking how I fell off the wagon.

Debbie recently starred in her high school play. John stayed home with Susannah and bought us candy so the older two girls and I could have a trip to the theater, complete with crackling wrappers in the dark. Here we are on our way, swooping around Kamikaze Curve on the highway while I stupidly take a picture of us.


Here are Debbie and Millie after the show.


I include this one because Annika makes me laugh.


Okay, the following pictures are not here to make up for stodgy lady with wrinkles pictured above. When we went to Nanticoke for the party, Debbie tried on her Jr./Sr. Banquet dresses for me (the banquet is the Christian school answer to the secular prom). She's agonizing over which dress to keep and which to return, and I can't offer her any help as I like them both.

They're lovely, and she's lovely, but she can only have one. So, I told her I'd put the question to my blog readers. I was shocked when she agreed because she hates attracting attention to herself. This shows how desperate she is indeed to pick The Perfect Dress. (I made her look to the left, look to the right, stare stonily straight ahead as I took these snapshots.)

So, what'll it be?

Olive brown
or
red?

Only one vote per person please.







15 comments :

Anonymous said...

I vote red.

Actually, I think the olive/brown color looks a little (tiny) bit better on Debbie, but I like the design of the red one better. A lot more, personally. (It has a full, swishy skirt!!)

Definitely red.

(And that has nothing to do with the fact I have a weakness for the color red. Honest.)

Kate said...

Brown...definitely brown.

Anonymous said...

ooh ooh, brown!

Michelle said...

Red! It is like a princess dress. :) Now, it is 50-50..!

heidiann(e) said...

first, the photo of y'all in the car made me burst with laughter.

second, congrats to that very lovely lady for all her acomplishments.

third, i'll vote brown. they're both lovely, and she'll turn heads either way.

Rebecca said...

I can tell which one you prefer, Abby, just by the number of photos! I vote red, though Debbie is stunning in both!

Ps. Love the pearls!

Michelle P said...

ah, those good old jr/sr banquet days..funny i was just thinking about my dress from my jr/sr banquet...and that i need to suck it up and take it to fabulous finds. funny how hard it can be to part with something so sentimental. anyways, i think the brown complements her skin more, but i think the red complements her body shape more...and, sooooo, I'm voting RED! :)

Anonymous said...

I vote red. Much better in my opinion.

Liana said...

Arg...I'm getting frustrated, becuase none of your (I'm certain) beautiful pictures are coming up for me!!

alltheposts said...

I, too, cannot view any pictures!! AAHHHH. I am sure they are of the same artistic perfection as the others have been.

Liana said...

Yay, pictures are loading for me... both dresses are beautiful & i like them both for different reasons.
I'd have to say olive brown though (which is odd, having red as my favorite color)

Griffen said...

Hmmmm.
Haww.
It's taken me some time, but I'm voting red too.

Abigail said...

Well, the votes don't have it, though red narrowly won out.

The lovely girl chose brown. The red dress cost nearly twice as much and was similar in style to the dress she wore last year.

Now you can all sleep in peace.

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

Titi, alltheposts and Rundy might be guys...I don't know.

But I am definitely a man and if my opinion matters at all she made a very good choice with Olive.

I enjoyed how dramatic the red looked on her, but the olive complimented her hair (or maybe, perhaps, the other way) and she came out just looking straight-up fetching.

But...it was dramatic. Wait.
Now I'm confused.

Men shouldn't ponder such things for too long or thwir breeein beginnns to sht downnnnnnnn......................................................................................................................


OLIVE!!

Abigail said...

Though Titi's most certainly not a guy, you clinched it, Job.

She's wearing olive, for sure and certain. There's just something about the word fetching that's so...fetching.