4.06.2007

She Turned Wee on April Dirst



The Nixie is three!

Three years ago, around ten o'clock at night, I begged for a little Fool. On eleven o'clock's nose, Annika landed in the nurse's arms, earning another pearl on her necklace formed by the babies she'd delivered. The apologetic midwife, speeding from home, arrived ten minutes later and marvelled at her swiftness.

Child Chinook-- our little Fool. She's beautiful and crazy and sweet and tart all rolled into one, and I'm so very glad God gave her to us and not to another.

8 comments :

Liana said...

Hard to believe she's 3 already, isn't it?!
Happy Birthday to Annie!

Michelle P said...

oh my goodness Abby, that picture is amazing!..i can't stop staring at it...i might have to print it out and put it somewhere for inspiration...i just love it!...and her of course! :) God be praised for creating Annika, such a beautiful girl in picture and in person. Happy birthday!

Rebecca said...

Sweet girl...Happy belated birthday to you! We were thanking God for you on your special day!

Beautiful girl!

Griffen said...

Happiest birthdays.

Laurie said...

She is beautiful. I hope she had a very happy day!

Abigail said...

Thanks, Michelle. I like her, too. :)

Agape said...

I stumbled across your blog and your writing, photos and children are most delightful, I enjoyed them very much!

Oddly enough I think I gleamed that are in Buffalo and we are in the process of moving to Buffalo.

Abigail said...

Thanks, Agape. Stumble across me any time you like! We lived in Buffalo for three years, just moving last June downstate a bit.