4.06.2007

One Fine Day.

It's a much longer walk than our walk to the same in Depew, but we've found our new cemetery, our new train tracks, and our new river-- the Susquehanna (or, as Annika calls it, the Ducksahannah Wizzer).

The new cemetery is small and on a hillside. Most of the toppled gravestones date from the mid to late 1800's, and there's a wide, crumbling stump in the center that's ideal for Miss Muffet or for two girls on a picnic.




Relaxing.



Running.



Roaming.



Resting.


Rampaging.


Millie licks her lolly in the niche of a tree.


Sits alone.


And makes me swell with happiness as I watch her glee.



Girls above the train tracks.


Annie and the Ducksahanna.



Susquehanna River and the Millie.


The long walk home. Millie's legs ached, so she smushed in the back for a rest. I don't blame her (I was tempted to do the same myself).


I think Annika was sitting on top of Millie at this point. At least someone had enough sense to sleep...



And now the icicles have begun to again reach downward (though not yet this long).


3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Do you, like me, have an irresistable urge to grab the backs of shirts of an child leaning on the rail over a body of water? (Or is that just born of having little brothers?)I would like to grab them both, just to make sure the don't tumble in, but particularly Annie.

Arrgh. I almost can't stand looking at the pictures all for urge of snatching them to saftey. (Not that I really doubt they were safe, but my "disaster loometh" signals just start blaring so loudly every time I see Annie peering down at the wivver.)

Oh, and I love the picture of Wren, asleep. With Annie the hooligan in the background.

Rebecca said...

Love Annie's name for the S. River.

Yes-I purposely did NOT try and spell it correctly.

Abigail said...

There's a wide cement overhang just past the rails, so it's not as dangerous as it appears. Plus, they're too timid to jump, thank goodness.