4.12.2008

All Unknowing, They Own the World



The girls and I spent this past week at my parents' house (John and I still love each other; the reason for our vacation is in a below post). Pre-bedrest, I had plans for woodsy walks, wild play, and spring sprouts&blooms identification with the girls. Instead, I drove them down to the corner hayfield and watched them play, meeting myself in them as their feet fell where my own did years ago.




Earlier that afternoon, I'd walked down to the same spot with them, and they played with the Mt. Hunger tuzzins while Andy sawed wood. While I was there, Ethan scavenged in the collapsed shed to furnish their secret clubhouse. Forget furniture, food, or books. All a clubhouse really needs is a mailbox, a Pennysaver drop-off, and an old telephone.



Most pictures are of Annika because she was closest to me, but here's one of Susannah sweeping.



And Annika, here swinging and smiling.






2 comments :

Rebecca said...

we have a broken down haywagon in our yard. Can't tell you how much fun has been had on it. Once I heard Corynn go to the edge and say "Ahoy ye lubbers. It's time to walk the plank!" Before she threw herself in the grassy ocean.

Abigail said...

Fully functional or broken down, haywagons, along with trees and sticks, are some of the most versatile playthings. You are lucky to have one so conveniently located.