4.12.2008

Horsey Beasts



All the girls love petting and feeding the horses, but I only have pictures of Millie. Annika doesn't hug them like Millie does, but she loves to feed them dead grass. Susannah mostly puts her hand in their mouths and then scares herself and them by screeching and running away.


I laughed at Millie here. She shouted, "Mom! You've got to try this! She's so soft!" after which she proceeded to rub her face all over Princess' for a full minute, nuzzling her and verbally appreciating her softness. (Something tells me she's used to a scratchy Papa face...)


I didn't try it, but I did take a picture of Zephyr's soft, soft nose.



And here's Zephyr again, enduring yet another hug from my girl.



6 comments :

Michelle P said...

I love that last picture of Millie and Zephyr...I love how Zephyr is "hugging" Millie as much as she is hugging him.

Griffen said...

Lovely creatures. Beautiful colors.
And I have to say (though this is no real shocker since you were leaps and bounds ahead of me to begin) that you are taking amazing photos despite only being able to snap what's in reach now.

They're all something to gaze on... and make me wish that Kenya had a spring time.

Rebecca said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW! That last one looks like the horse is hugging Millie right back! Those must be incredibley gentle creatures!

heidiann(e) said...

i love these.
but i will say that Zephyr's ears are making me think maybe he will decide to nip Mil's back next time!
princess looks so sweet, with your little princess.

Laura said...

Zephyr looks enormous compared to Milly in the last pic. I love it!

Abigail said...

Heidi wins this one. After the first few hugs, Zephyr was getting seriously annoyed, and I had to call Mildred off for less invasive petting and feeding of brittle grass.

But they ARE gentle and good; Zephyr's just independent enough, though, to let her boundries be known.

And, Sandy, a sincere thank you. And now, you can watch the snapshots deteriorate as I get progressively larger. Slouching on the couch while putting up blog posts is doing wonders for my belly.