4.12.2008

The Earth Can Spin Again



Recently, Annika suddenly realized what had previously escaped her attention. "Mama!" she exclaimed, "I don't have an elephant shirt!" Since I'd been asking the week before what she'd like for her birthday, she then suggested that I could make one. I thought it was a grand idea, so on Annie's birthday, I cut out scrap fabric in a vaguely elephantine shape to sew onto a t-shirt.

One and a half weeks later, while at my mom's house, I actually did so. Look! It's an elephant shirt! I don't know how she's survived without one for so long.

And I post many pictures not because of the shirt (though I like it) but because of the girl inside it, who makes me laugh.



The Gorilla Dance. Again.



And one moment of stillness followed by a funny face.




I took the above pictures today, a minute before naptime. When Annie and I came back inside, we found this on the floor. Susannah, who'd been awake mere minutes before, had opened our still-packed suitcase, clothed herself in Millie's nightgown, and promptly fallen asleep. Cute, huh?



6 comments :

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love that shot of Annika doing that gorrila dance.

Are gorrillas the new elephants?

Liana said...

I love the elephant shirt - and also how the lil' Wren fell asleep...

Rebecca said...

A few weeks ago I had the urge to make an owl, so I made one (an applique). But, after it was done, i didn't know what to do with it so it has remained on my craft time, pining for SOME closure! If I were to be rewarded with faces like that, perhaps I ought to put it on a shirt too!

heidiann(e) said...

do you think i could learn that dance?

Michelle P said...

I love the shirt...And the gorilla face/dance...and the girl in the shirt. :)
And how proper of your youngest daughter to clothe herself properly before taking a nap. :)

Abigail said...

Titi,
I call her the gorilla-fant because she runs and dances like a gorilla, but her love of the oliphaunt has not abated.

Rebecca,
Do it! It's addicting. I just made two gifts this week by fancying up shirts.

Heidi,
It might be too complex for a novice, but with LOTS of practice...