4.12.2008

Wide Reach



The next day, I only made it as far as the field across the road, but the girls didn't seem to mind a bit, especially when I told them to run as far as they wanted to while I, you guessed it, sat and watched. Susannah immediately set out on a heroic quest. See her? (I'd call the above picture "Where's Susannah" if not for the obvious superiority of the name Waldo. ) She nearly made it to the hedgerow, stoic with personal purpose, before I called her home.




And I show this little silly near the hickory tree because I don't think her Gorilla Dance has yet made an appearance on shotsnaps.




Here it is. You don't need to tell me how convincing it is. I'm pretty certain she fooled you all.



Then we came inside and Mopsy read to them while I laid my body on the couch. (LAZYBONES!)


3 comments :

Anonymous said...

You're not being lazy, you're being good. And letting your body devote it's energy to baby-making. It's a very important job, and you're being very dutiful. And I'm sure that Buster will make up for it a million fold once he (she) is out and running around and getting into more trouble than you ever knew existed.

heidiann(e) said...

i agree!
and i'm proud of you!

Abigail said...

I've been very bad this past week. BAD!!!! And rereading these comments makes me ashamed.

I will strive be a lazybones again. I will, I will, I will, I will...