6.08.2011

Apropos

Due to unwise choices (little sleep/lethargy/PLAY FOOD), I didn't muster the gumption to decorate Piper's cake until 8:00 at night, which, incidentally, is also her bedtime. Considering I slapped it together in half an hour, I was relieved with the end result. She requested a "stinker" cake, and it helped to have the genuine Stinker in front of me to copy for the edible version. Lellow is still her favorite color, so I plastered lellow wherever I could, and a lackluster day (Abigail's-behavior-wise) ended on such a sweet note due to her oohs and aaahs by my elbow as I decorated. She couldn't have been more pleased, so it follows that I couldn't have been, either. The gift of a grin.



Yes, she's wearing her nightgown.


Poof!


2 comments :

Rebecca said...

what a perfect cake for her and her skunk! Great!

Which green did you choose? Top one would match your glass impeccably and the dark one would match yet contrast.

Are all your walls new now?

Abigail said...

Um. Neither.

Even though it will displease 50% of the people I begged for advice, I'm going with my gut and painting it turquoise. I haven't bought the paint yet, though.

I wish my walls were new. You saw the unfortunate state of the house yesterday, as well as the state of the garden...more's the pity.

Things on the Abigail's-Amazing-To-do-List aren't looking too keen.