6.08.2011

Meals from Scratch- Round 1

It's Round 1 because what's shown below is only 1/4 of what I intended to make, but I'm a misguided optimist. Here, let me explain.

I've had "Make Felt Food" on my nothing-ever-gets-done list for well over three years now. Then I wanted to make some for Piper's second birthday. Didn't. Then I wanted to make some for Piper's Christmas gift this past December. Didn't. Then I wanted to spend an hour each day making some the week before her third birthday. Didn't.

Is anyone sharp enough to see the pattern here?

I asked John to buy a three-inch princess for her gift in case I didn't make anything, but I couldn't bear to fail again. At eleven o'clock the night before her party, armed with a grocery list as long as the Mississippi, I buckled down and began. I finished with a pitiful pile of felt food instead of the mountain I envisioned I would make in that amount of time. Building a mountain takes more time than I thought. (I need a bigger shovel.)

Toast, eggs, roast beef, cheese, chocolate-raspberry cookies that I forgot to put stuffing in, sliced onion, lettuce, condiments, pickles/cucumbers, pb & jelly, more cheese, hamburger, tomatoes, and a DONUT.


Round 2 needs to result in more donuts.




So much for my big plans. Round 2 should knock a few more food items off the list....when Piper's 14 or so.

*And thanks to Great Aunt Betty-Jo's stash of felt, I spent nothing on this gift. Nothing but several hours of precious sleep and the ability to be in good humor the next day, that is.

3 comments :

Liana said...

Seriously, Abigail - have I told you how amazing you are recently? LOVE the donut, love it ALL...

Abigail said...

No, you haven't, which suits me perfectly! :) Whenever you do, I feel like an absolute sham.

Rebecca said...

oh my! They are WONDERFUL! I love the peanut butter and jelly idea! How clever! And the onions are fabulous too! And the donut! I love the seedbead sprinkles and always admire them and am always too lazy to actually make them. tsk tsk.