6.08.2011

Saliva Owen the First

I have scads of pictures to post tonight, but here are two quick things from the last hour that I don't want to forget.

1. This, not so much for the words but instead for the befuddled expression on Susannah's face as she stroked my shins just now and said, "MAMA! Your legs....your legs....why do they feel like porcupines?" Why indeed. I should read Frugal Fancypants post #1 to her.


2. Millie's reading is advanced enough that I love moments when mispronunciations and little girl ignorance surface so clearly. She just asked, with an puzzled expression equal to Susannah's, "Why do people think that Saliva is such a pretty name?"

It took me a minute, but then I asked her if she could be referring to Sylvia.

"Oh," she said. "That makes more sense. "

And THAT, folks, will be the name of our sixth daughter if God chooses to give us another.

2 comments :

Molly said...

Oh, Abigail I absolutely LOVE your posts! Always a smile, a chuckle or laughter, and even a tear (you know which ones) adorn my face when I read your posts! Your girls are so adorable. However, at this moment I am also sporting porcupine legs (TMI?) AND, whenever I hear the name, Sylvia I'll remember this precious story. Much love.

Rebecca said...

HA! Those stories are great!

I hoped on the computer QUICKLY (ha!) before taking a nap this afternoon (which I never do) and saw your curlers picture and then realized I had been missing out on a bunch. Don't know what happened really, but glad I got to see them eventually.

But now I have a much diminished window of opportunity so I will be off. Otherwise, I might be a Grumblebear this afternoon instead of the sugar kind.