7.30.2011

Piper Has Passed the Baton

It is a certainty.

Here's the rundown.

I don't hear Luci for about five minutes. I leave breakfast cooking on the stove and find her in front of an open unlatched cupboard with an open container of paint that I didn't know was in the cupboard.

She looks cute.

I clean her up.



To keep her from the path of mischief, I set her by my feet. Literally one minute later, I hear a satisfying whooooosh and look down to see her by an open unlatched cupboard with a pile of oatmeal at her feet.

She looks cute.
I clean things up.

Five minutes later. She's awfully quiet. I poke my head around the kitchen island to see her gleefully stuffing marshmallows into her already stuffed mouth. She has finished a quarter of the bag and extends a marshmallow of peace towards me in hopes of avoiding a lecture.

She looks cute.
I take it.
I eat it.

I strap her in a highchair using five feet of mariner's rope.

The End.

3 comments :

trawlerman said...

You didn't get all of the paint off of her nose.

Caleb said...

Hilarious. "Marshmallow of Peace".... haha, I'll have to use that sometime!

Abigail said...

Paint's still there.


Caleb,
I don't know if it works at ages other than 18 months, but it's definitely worth a shot.