7.22.2011

Serving Self

This blog is here for me-- ME!!!- not you! (I have a tongue. I also have a cheek.)
Here's a selfish post.
__________________
Aside: I am so behind, I wonder if I should even bother posting again.
(Comma splice.)
[Sentence fragment.]
__________________

A few months ago I lost my new glasses. About that time, I also lost a wicker picnic basket. I'm hoping that maybe the glasses were inside the picnic basket, and that one of you kind folks I know in real life has seen that basket (and my glasses!) kicking around. Perhaps you've even kicked it once or twice yourself...

The glasses were in a blue zippered case. The picnic basket is inside one of your houses?

I employed laissez-faire tactics for about a week, and then, intuitively, the baby broke my old glasses. At home, this doesn't impact me horribly; I don't even mind driving with lopsided sight. The clincher occurred, however, when John took me on a romantic date two nights ago to see Tree of Life. It was one of the most beautiful films I've ever experienced. I was profoundly moved. (Passive voice.) My glasses kept falling off because they hang on only one ear.

I want to see Tree of Life again, and I'd like to see it with both ears bearing a burden.

Begging, pleading, (not really) nearly weeping,
I remain,
The Failed Blogger

4 comments :

Molly said...

Oh, Abigail! I will put this to prayer immediately!! I only wish I lived nearby, to even have the opportunity to find your basket - with glasses, left behind in my home. I would return it to you filled with goodies for all. I offer up prayer for all that is lost.

Much love!

Griffen said...

I can relatively safely say that neither the basket nor the glasses (hopefully) therein are at my house. However, I would be happy to send you an old pair of my crippled-by-children googles and maybe you can make a set? Not sure if that sort of thing is good for your eyes, but beggars can't be choosers, right?

heidiann(e) said...

If only all our plans were not constantly foiled, I'd have a chance for finding them here!

Alas and arg.

I'm with Molly - I'll say a prayer that the little lost sheep (that is, your glasses) will find their way home!

Abigail said...

The basket has been found! I left it at Ben and Amy's. (Their baby is amazing.)

The glasses are still missing. I left them in Sandy's house in East Africa, and she's refusing to drop by with them. Jerk. (I bet they're under my bed, even though I've looked there twice already.)