7.30.2011

Unlikely

A few weeks back, the girls and I had to go to the doctor's office-- a rare occurrence-- and everyone looked presentable, so after the appointment I thought I'd take a picture of them for the McGamma.

The thought's the important part, right? Not the fact that I only realized once we arrived at the doctor's office that Piper had no shoes, and most definitely not the fact that I only realized once she sat down in the waiting room that she also lacked underwear. It was a great day. (The following week, we went to the doctor's AGAIN. That time, Annika left her shoes at home. Thankfully, she was wearing underwear.)

Oh, yes. My failed attempts.

F.A. #1





F.A. #2





F.A. #3




Aaaand F.A. #4





Luci is not in these pictures because I was holding her at the time. She was cranky and wanted only to do this:



5 comments :

trawlerman said...

Did you go to Target to buy new underwear?

Abigail said...

Nope. I was hoping to find a bathing suit, which for some people amounts to the same thing as underwear...

Michelle P said...

I think your failed attempts are quite wonderful! :)

sarah said...

I love overalls on my chickens, for obvious reasons, but they never stay buttoned. I think that I need to just sew them up and forget that they ever snapped. I would never BUY these kind of pants, but when a big bag of wonderful things comes your way, you take the good with the bad.
So Jack is wearing my favorite brown cordouroy pair to church, and I think that it will probably be okay- usually they don't bust apart until later in the afternoon, when someone will point him out in his "dress." We go into class together, because I am teaching his Sunday School class, and we start our playing. When we finally sit in a circle to sing and pray, I notice that Jack has neglected to put on underwear. I notice, because the overalls are unbuttoned just perfectly in a peephole in the front. It is totally indecent, and I have to stop all that's going on to button him up, and hope that it won't happen again.

Bowden, today, told me that I didn't need to pack underwear for him because he, "doesn't wear it."

Piper may have some kindred spirits down this way, at least in practice.

(and in the spirit of Jack's Sunday School flashing, my word verification is something almost scandalous.)

Abigail said...

Sarah,
Ha! I loved this tale! I especially love Bowden's noncholance in letting you know that underwear wasn't necessary. Ha again! You need to leave more story-comments. They're a great substitute for your blog when you've taken a wee break from it.


And, Heart, I just NOW realized that you were talking of buying underwear for PIPER! I thought you were making a weird joke about me buying some for myself, and I didn't know quite how to respond on a family blog. Talk about scandalous. This whole post is about missing underwear!