2.19.2014

Achtung, Houghtonites!

You'll never guess for whom our girls are head over heels.




______________________________________________________

 


Jason's married now and has a son, AND he's a children's librarian by trade, which may add to his overwhelming appeal with the younger set.
 


 


He stayed overnight a few weeks back, and since John and he stayed up nearly all night talking, he stayed through lunch the next day, too.








Someone requested pictures with the man, who had won every last child over the night before with rousing renditions of a few folk tales, so here they are.






And here's Susie mid-faint before she rallies for a smile.  (The girl's prone to fainting spells.)







This series is notable due to Zeke's face-first progression toward the floor.







Since he left, I've heard every last girl tell me they wished his library was near us or that we were near his library so they could see him more often.   Yesterday, Annika remarked out of the blue, "I miss Jason, Mama.  Before I met him, I didn't miss him because I didn't even know who he was, but now I miss him," and then I heard her enthusiastically telling Debbie about his visit last night.


Golly.  Who knew it was so dangerous to let an old college friend visit?!

6 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

That has me grinning ear-to-ear, and is just all kinds of fantastic.

Hugger mugger, anyone?

Abigail said...

If there's a next time, you're invited! You'll just have to be prepared for Sigrid's reaction...

w. said...

love this!!

Abigail said...

And I love it when you comment! I always forget we have this link still, and your comments remind me that we do (even though, alas, this year's returned Christmas card showed me you no longer live on the whimsical Lemon Street).

I am glad! Your presence is one strong point for not scrapping Shotsnaps! :)

82jp said...

Found the photos! We didn't take nearly enough this last visit. Guess we were having too much fun! I'll tell you, though, that hike was one for the history books. I won't be forgetting it anytime soon. I already can't wait until the next chance I get to visit!

Abigail said...

I'm glad I didn't send a camera along on that hike. There'd be five dozen photos of Tim and the grandkids, and that'd be a little awkward for me, having just met him and all. The girls had a blast! You're nearing superhero status, though, so watch out.