2.19.2014

Some Words for the Mama to Remember

I think we spent too much time reading about ancient Rome.  The proof's in the pudding.

 *One night, the girls and I were trying to do something crafty, and I urgently-- and in complete innocence-- called out loudly, "Someone get me some Caesars!"  (Yup.  Julius and Augustus will be right over.)

*While I was preparing supper one night, Pip sat near me on the kitchen stool, as the girls often do.  I was distracted by a too-potent onion and streaming eyes when out of her silence she asked, "Mama, how does an aqueduct mate?"  (Well, the same way that duct-tapes do, my sweet.)  

And completely unrelated to Rome:

*Su: "Mama, doing chores with Millie is so fun. It's the BEST thing in the ENTIRE world."  --small pause-- "Actually- no.  The water park is the best thing in the world."  (I was so close to success with my brainwashing tactics, too!)

*One night, Millie came back from a short trip to my parents with her pocket full of chocolates from Grandma and Grandpa-- one for each homebound child.  She bounded into the house and announced triumphantly, "Look what I have in my poooockeeeet!"   Pip rushed in as excited as can be and responded, "Is it.... (big dramatic pause)....LIVESTOCK?!"  (Don't we wish!)

3 comments :

Millie said...

Livestock???

Titi said...

I laughed out loud about the aqueducts!lol!

Abigail said...

Bumpkin,
I don't know! YOU'RE the one carrying them around in your pocketses!

Titi,
I did, too, and then had to quickly stifle it because she was so sincere.