2.19.2014

Dessert Tea



For the sake of being able to include Deb and my folks in the festivities, we decided to move all the party desserts to Saturday and have a dessert tea party instead.

I made homemade gumdrops for the first time, and they turned out okay, but I accidentally made the cinnamon ones so hot they burned like bonfires.  I guess that's one way to ensure I get a bunch of leftover candy to eat...






My mom gave me some flavoring oils for Christmas, so we made sassafrass and butter rum lollipops, too.







Instead of frosted, heart-shaped, sugar cookies, the girls opted for heart-shaped elephant ears





 Annie made pink lemonade, Millie made soft pretzel bites and honey mustard, and we topped it all off with a bunch of chocolate given to us at Christmas that we've been saving for this very occasion.

Debbie was the Chosen One who smacked the chocolate orange.





The Very End.

4 comments :

Molly said...

YUM! Truly a "sweet" occasion. After my own heart, you are!

Much love!

Titi said...

Why am I not surprised that Debbie was the chosen one?

heidiann(e) said...

I love those chocolate oranges!
SO FUN!!!

Okay, I think you've convinced me to stop boycotting Valentine's Day.

(Confession: I got carried away and didn't boycott it this year - I sent valentines! Eek!)

Abigail said...

Titi,
They would have crowned her Queen of the World, too, if they could...

Heidi,
Me, too! It was a gift from my folks, and the girls thought it was the coolest thing. (I've got to find them some Kindereggs.)

John and I don't usually observe V-Day, either, but it's fun to make things special for the girls, just because their joy is always so contagious. (And John broke the rules this year, too, and gave me a series of hilarious and wonderful gifts. I gave him laughter and gratitude in return, which seems like a pretty great Valentine's day deal to me...)