6.09.2023

Annika and I Tap the Trees




When an unnaturally warm spell swept in during February, I procrastinated a week to see if it was going to stick around before tapping the trees.  Most years, I have helpers with me, but this year Annika asked if she could drill all the taps herself, so this old lady only had to handle spiles and jugs and didn't have a sore arm by the end of the day for once. 







These monkeys probably had sore arms, though.










I've never seen sap run as fast as it did that day. Within a few hours, we had jugs overflowing.  It made me regret not tapping them as soon as the warm weather arrived!






I don't know who took this video, but, look! Pretty amazing.





Ransom was a big fan. He clung to each spile like it was the source of life itself.







3 comments :

Anonymous said...

That picture of Ransom drinking sap is perfect!

Anonymous said...

This is Sarah Tate. I keep forgetting to put in my name, and then I have claim every inane comment I make! Embarrassing on so many levels.

Abigail said...

No, it's FANTASTIC on so many levels! For every comment that could have been just one, I get two for free!