6.08.2023

Saint Lucia (December 2022)







We were gone from the house until bedtime the night before St. Lucia Day, and once again, in the busyness of the day, I forgot about preparations, so we stayed up far too late making the candle crown and lussekatter.  Nixie played the part of St. Lucia last year because she won't be with us for too much longer. What a beauty, tired eyes and all.  








Every year, I forget that I intended Aidan to be a Star Boy until he leaps out of bed in excitement. Even with less sleep that his body needs, he's always the first one to jump up, and he's fascinated by the novelty of burning candles on one's head.







Everyone else takes their sweet time waking up, but eventually they're all ready to be served. 




























 


This is one of my favorite mornings of the year. Hot coffee, warm lusekatter, and my favorite people circled together around a ring of candles.





2 comments :

Rebecca said...

I can't.

Abigail said...

Neither can I.

Thanks for the company.